Thursday, April 22, 2010

Grandma, Grandma I Seed A Snake

We live on 80 acres with a river 1/2 mile straight back from our house. When Holden was too young to walk, I would put his car seat in the Mule ATV and go for rides. As soon as he was old enough we began our walks to the river. I have a special spot there that I go to and "think" when things are too much. Each of my Grand kids have been introduced to this place, but for Holden, it's as sacred as it is to me. It is the walk there that is the adventure. Today, sticks were dinosaur bones, rocks were turtle shells, the woods a magic forest and the river an ocean full of sharks. On the way home he is jabbering away on my right side when I suddenly felt him blow past me on the left and proceed on ahead before he stopped. GRANDMA, GRANDMA, I SEED A SNAKE, A SNAKE, A SNAAAAAKE in rapid fire succession. I turned and, yes there was. When I see a snake it is  all I can do to keep from throwing up, but for the sake of a little boy, I offered to go closer so we could really seem him better. NO THANKS, I CAN SEED HIM JUST FINE FROM RIGHT HERE..... LET'S THROW STICKS AT HIM. That's my boy.



On another of our walks Holden called me over to him....GRANDMA, GRANDMA, BE VERY QUIET AND LOOK WHAT I HAVE. He had his hands cupped together and he opened them just a little to give me a peek. LOOK, I'VE CAPTURED THE WIND AND I WILL TAKE HIM FOR A WALK WITH US. As we were leaving the woods, he opened his hands wide and said THERE YOU GO, NOW YOU ARE FREE TO MAKE THE TREES DANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment