Thursday, December 27, 2012

AND SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS

Written last year in 2011 right after Christmas.


7:00 am. CAN I GO UPSTAIRS NOW? Thats the same thing he asks every morning, and believe it or not, he forgot what this morning was. Briefly. Only until he hit the top step. Every package he opened he would say OH I HOPE THIS IS AN I-PAD. That is all he ask for. No way could we afford one, but my Mom gave us the money for a Kindle Nook. He only wanted it for the Angry Birds anyway. When the ripping and thank you's were over, Papa and I sat down and realized, without this little boy, what would we do on an early Christmas morning? Sleep in?   Get together with the other kids  and  have breakfast after they had their family time?  With Holden, our Christmas is still special and magical here at home for a few more years. And who we are because of this is special. Because we are different than other couples our age. We do not have the luxury of "our" time. But there is not a place for selfishness either. We give our all for Holden. We hold nothing back. Did I get a gift this year from Papa? Do I really care? No, and neither does Papa, because there was so much joy in watching that little boy open his gifts from Santa. And we know we did good, because he did not ask where his Mommy was. He had everything he wanted right here with us. And that means "Life is Good."

GRANDMA, I WISH EVERYDAY WAS CHRISTMAS. DONT YOU? Ummmm, let me think about that a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment