Tuesday, November 6, 2012

IN THE BEGINNING

Within the year when we became full time Grand--Parents to our 2 yr. old Grandson Holden in 2008 I began writing down some of the things he would say or do that had an impact on our lives as well as some of the struggles we faced in becoming parents again in our late 50's.  Because it was a guardianship arrangement, I did not make these little stories public, but now that we have finalized his adoption on September 27, 2012, I have decided to open  my blog.  During the adoption process I stopped writing for awhile so I will be bringing that up to date while interjecting some of the older stories.
One part of Raising H. is about our journey together to become a family.  The other part of Raising H. is about what I have been doing in the State of Michigan trying to get support and services as a Kinship Caregiver with an informal guardianship.  I was ask to present a workshop at the annual Wrap Around Conference this past summer on  Grandparents Raising Grandchildren and a friend of mine helped me come up with this title.  It fit . 

No comments:

Post a Comment